Thursday, September 11, 2008

Labor Day in Island Park

Over the Labor Day weekend we took a little trip to Island Park to Gangang's cabin (that's what Jack calls Grandma Wood). We usually go up at least a few times every summer but because of the addition to our family this was the first trip.

There truly is nothing better than listening to the river and watching Devon and his dad flyfish. Flyfishing on the Henry's Fork is one of Devon's passions. I love to flyfish, but of all the times I have gone, I have truly never caught a fish on my own. Devon has helped me a couple times and then talks to me like I am a 6 year old who doesn't know I truly didn't catch it myself.

While up at the cabin we decided it had been way too long since we visited Yellowstone National Park (about 5 years to be exact). So on Sunday we loaded up in the car for what I thought would be a nice 2 hour tour to a couple of the hot spots in the park. Little did I know that the rest of the group was planning on an all day adventure. After about 2 hours in the car I was ready to lose my mind. Yellowstone is beautiful and all, but unless there is a bear knocking on the window of my car, 2 hours is plenty.




No comments: