Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bag Fight!

Jack has some pretty creative ideas when it comes to entertainment and the plastic bag fight was no exception. About a week ago on a miserably snowy day I was trying to get some cleaning done, and suddenly I heard two sets of foot steps running into the kitchen, opening the pantry, and then rustling, lots and lots of rustling. I ran downstairs expecting the worst. Usually the rustling of bags means chips or crackers being dumped out and smashed all over the floor. I ran into the kitchen but the boys are gone but from the basement I hear giggling. So there they were, Jack and Gus had gotten every single grocery sack from the pantry, taken them downstairs, and were jumping off the stairs into the them like they were a pile of leaves. Carefully monitored so there wasn't any suffocating, Jack and Gus threw the bags at each other then scooped them into a big pile, jumped in, and swam around. I realized two things that day #1: I really need to start using reusable grocery sacks, and #2: Toys are totally unnecessary.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: